4 Easy Tricks to Fall Asleep Fast
If you lead a hectic or stressful life, falling asleep can be rough.�Your brain is running a mile a minute and you can't seem to slow it down.�It seems you could lay there for hours and ruminate about the day's events.�Eventually, you look over at the alarm clock that reads 2:36AM and you stress even more because there's only 4 more hours to try and get at least some sleep.�Sounds familiar, right?�
It doesn't have to be this way.�You can put off all of the day's ills and relax yourself into a peaceful night's sleep without using over-the-counter sleep aids or supplements.�Here are five tricks that have helped many folks fall asleep fast:
- Make sure you're comfortable.�Your mattress and pillow have a lot to do with comfort, but clothing (or lack thereof) can also contribute to the quickness in which you fall asleep.�It shouldn't be too restrictive - it's wise to keep your blood circulating.�Conversely, your clothing shouldn't be too loose.�When you're searching for position loose clothing can get twisted around you and cause discomfort.
- Relax.�A good trick to get you into a relaxed state?�Stop thinking about trying to fall asleep.�Instead, think about trying to stay awake.�This reverse psychology does wonders to put you in the right frame of mind for sleep.�Also, try other relaxation techniques such as slow muscle stretches or massage.�After all, that's what spouses are for!
- Doing mental exercises is a great way to ensure you'll be asleep quickly.�There are lots of things you can do, too.�Try writing an outline for a book in your head.�Or count by threes to 999 (you probably won't get that far).�You could put yourself into the storyline of your favorite book or TV show - follow the storyline as far as you can, scene by scene.�These kinds of exercises put you into a different state of mind, helping you to reduce the stress from the day.
- Try some ambient noise.�The sound of rain falling or that spacey music that they play during a massage really helps you to feel relaxed and sleepy.
It is possible to fall asleep fast.�These tricks will help train your brain to settle into sleep.�Practice these techniques and see how easy it is to relax and fall asleep naturally.
Kate E Ryan is a writer, database administrator, and relentless researcher. She did most of the research for this article as a new mom breastfeeding the night away with a newborn daughter. Get more tips and insights on sleep at http://www.squidoo.com/sleeptight.
- Acai Berries - Keeping You Beautiful From the Inside Out
- You've probably heard a lot about acai berries lately. It seems like everyone is talking about them these days. There are many reasons why these berri
- Does a Raw Food Diet Really Work?
- A raw food diet is fast becoming more and more popular as it is believed that it promotes a healthier body, prevents and cures diseases such as cancer
- Using Natural Skin Care Ingredients Can Be the Best Way to P
- If you are like me, you probably already have a few wrinkles; as it happens some of mine are pretty deep. Hopefully yours aren't that bad yet. There a
- Natural Sleep Sounds - Overcome Insomnia the Drug-Free Way
- Natural sleep sounds wonderful! Do you wish that you could crawl into bed after a busy day and just drift straight off to sleep?
- How to Exercise And Use Radiant Heat to Lose Weight in 16.5
- Infrared saunas can assist and aid in burning off calories if you know how to use a sauna! Almost everyone who is fighting with weight loss issues wis
- Real Truths About Sleeping With a Snorer
- Will a Stop Snoring Pillow Help You Stop Snoring?
- Natural Sleep Sounds - Overcome Insomnia the Drug-
- How to Cure Insomnia in 5 Steps
- Prone to Insomnia? Try These Preventative Steps
- Snoring Exercises Can Help You Stop Snoring
- Breath Right and Sleep Tight
- A Natural Insomnia Treatment For Falling Asleep an