Is Your Refrigerator Stocked For Raw Food Or Weight-Loss Success?
The raw, living food, diet is a vegan, or animal product-free, diet consisting of plant foods that have not been heated above approximately 118% F. This food has all the life force energy from the sun and all its enzymes still intact when we eat it.
One major breakthrough from coaching raw food clients is that they are not doing enough grocery shopping to keep their raw food success in check. True--having a dry staple supply is important (for example: grains, nuts, seeds, superfoods, crackers, dried fruit, etc.), but having an abundance of fresh produce is really where the raw food diet takes off in healing, detoxifying, and energizing.
Are you consistently packing your refrigerator full of fruits, vegetables, and bunches of bunches of leafy greens each week? Do you have more than a week's worth of fresh greens, vegetables, fruit, avocados, and herbs? Do you have more than enough options to make a variety of salads, green smoothies, and other fun and gourmet raw food recipes? Or are you constantly finding that you only have a couple pieces of fruit left in your fridge or at home, and hardly enough vegetables and greens to make yourself one big hearty salad?
This is the missing key for many people struggling to eat healthier and/or incorporate more raw foods into their diet. For sustainable raw food success, going to the grocery store at least one to two times per week, especially when shopping for the whole family, means that you and your loved ones will have plenty of healthy options to choose from for meals. It also means that you will be almost compelled to make your meals out of 80% raw, fresh ingredients, as opposed to dried fruit, dehydrated goodies, nuts and seeds, because you don't want any of your precious produce to go to waste.
Eating more fresh produce will lead to a high-volume but low-calorie diet, more hydration, gradual and gentle detoxification, and weight loss. When you add in more fresh raw foods, you simply don't have room in your stomach nor the appetite for junk foods! Stocking your fridge with ample produce also leads to more fun and creativity with raw food recipes. Having a variety of fruits, veggies, and exotic foods in your fridge all the time is definitely a treat!
What does this look like in your weekly grocery shopping cart? If you're a 100% raw fooder, this may look like enough produce for 3-4 pieces of fresh fruits per day, 2-3 bunches of green leafy vegetables per day, 1-3 avocados per day, and 2-5 servings of fresh vegetables per day used for snacking, raw soups, and salads. This, of course, would depend on your body type, size, and activity levels.
So if you're plotting out some new health goals, and one of them is to eat a diet higher in raw foods, it's a fantastic idea and goal to dedicate a couple hours each and every week to go grocery shopping. Write the shopping "date" down on your calendar if you have to. You and your diet are completely worth it!
Lenette Nakauchi is a raw foodist living in Chicago who loves teaching, coaching and demonstrating to others how to go and stay raw a fun, healthy, sustainable way. Learn more about the raw food lifestyle and about superfoods by visiting her informational websites http://www.gorawhavefun.com and http://www.eatsuperfoods.com.
- Acai Berries - Keeping You Beautiful From the Inside Out
- You've probably heard a lot about acai berries lately. It seems like everyone is talking about them these days. There are many reasons why these berri
- Does a Raw Food Diet Really Work?
- A raw food diet is fast becoming more and more popular as it is believed that it promotes a healthier body, prevents and cures diseases such as cancer
- Using Natural Skin Care Ingredients Can Be the Best Way to P
- If you are like me, you probably already have a few wrinkles; as it happens some of mine are pretty deep. Hopefully yours aren't that bad yet. There a
- Natural Sleep Sounds - Overcome Insomnia the Drug-Free Way
- Natural sleep sounds wonderful! Do you wish that you could crawl into bed after a busy day and just drift straight off to sleep?
- How to Exercise And Use Radiant Heat to Lose Weight in 16.5
- Infrared saunas can assist and aid in burning off calories if you know how to use a sauna! Almost everyone who is fighting with weight loss issues wis
- Taking Digestive Enzymes - A Preventive Measure Fo
- Intentional Protein Combining - Does a Varied Diet
- How the USDA Food Pyramid Benefits Food Manufactur
- Low Glycemic Sweeteners - Not Just For Diabetics
- Sugar - How Much Are You Eating?
- A Powerful Tip to Help You Lose Love Handles Light
- Diet Health - The Importance of Fruit
- Healthy Eating - A Taste of Ayurveda
- Weight Management - A High Protein Diet
- The Acai Berry Superfood Recommended by Dr Oz
- Examples of Phytonutrients and Phytochemicals in F
- A Healthy Diet For You and Your Kids
- Vitamin D - 6 Ways to Increase Your Intake
- What Vitamin and Mineral Supplements Do Healthy Pe
- Is Acai Berry Good For You?