How to Tan Safely
Melanoma is a potentially fatal skin cancer, and is the most common type of cancer in women between the ages of 25-29 years old. More than one million new cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed in the USA this year alone. When you expose yourself to the sun, you dramatically increase your chances of developing melanoma.
Indoor tanning is not safe either. Regular tanning bed use can increase the risk of developing melanoma by fifty-five percent. Indoor tanning lamps can emit both UVA(ultraviolet A) and UVB(ultraviolet B) radiation, and the new high-pressure beds can expose you to as much as 15 times UVA as that of the sun! This exposure affects the skin in a number of ways, including skin aging, DNA damage, and, of course, skin cancer. Therefore, there is no such thing as a safe suntan!
So, what is the answer for you if you like the "tanned look"? Obviously, abstaining from tanning at all is the safest method, but not very likely for most people who like being tan. Spray tanning booths in tanning salons could be a viable alternative, as well as sunless tanning products for home use. Products have advanced tremendously in the last few years, and it can be fairly easy and reasonably priced to apply your own tan. However, with spray tan booths and with home sunless products, application is not always even. Streaking and blotching can occur, as well as uneven skin tone.
Custom airbrush and spray tanning is gaining in popularity. This procedure was once only used by celebrities and people who could afford it. It has become more affordable as its popularity has grown. It's easy to see the benefits of these spray tans.
-It is safe(DHA has been approved by the FDA for over 30 years for external use)
-When applied by a professional, you are assured even coverage
-Customized formulas are available for your skin tone
-The process is very quick. It takes approximately 1/2 hour from start to finish
-It provides an "instant tan" from the bronzers used
-It generally can last 7-14 days, depending on how well you typically hold a tan
As you can see, sunless tanning is an excellent alternative to UV tanning. It is safe, fast, and provides a great looking tan!
Michelle is a certified airbrush specialist as well as President and co-founder of Tantrix Tans in Las Vegas, NV.
- Acai Berries - Keeping You Beautiful From the Inside Out
- You've probably heard a lot about acai berries lately. It seems like everyone is talking about them these days. There are many reasons why these berri
- Does a Raw Food Diet Really Work?
- A raw food diet is fast becoming more and more popular as it is believed that it promotes a healthier body, prevents and cures diseases such as cancer
- Using Natural Skin Care Ingredients Can Be the Best Way to P
- If you are like me, you probably already have a few wrinkles; as it happens some of mine are pretty deep. Hopefully yours aren't that bad yet. There a
- Natural Sleep Sounds - Overcome Insomnia the Drug-Free Way
- Natural sleep sounds wonderful! Do you wish that you could crawl into bed after a busy day and just drift straight off to sleep?
- How to Exercise And Use Radiant Heat to Lose Weight in 16.5
- Infrared saunas can assist and aid in burning off calories if you know how to use a sauna! Almost everyone who is fighting with weight loss issues wis
- Do Barbers Care About Your Hair Anymore?
- The Bob is 100 Years Old!
- Learn How a Non Pore Clogging Moisturizer is Super
- Is My Salon Pedicure Safe? Is it Legal?
- Brazilian Laser Hair Removal For Men
- How to Benefit From a Honey Facial Without the Sti
- Pedicure Procedure
- Cost Comparison - The Best Spa Treatments Versus t